Paper Bag Kite
- Materials – Large brown paper bag (from a store, sometimes a larger gift bag works too!), String, Hole puncher, tape, scissors, art supplies to make it awesomely your style, Stapler/Glue, streamer rolls
- Grab your bag by the open end, put a piece of clear tape in each of the corners(near the edge) and punch 4 holes (one in each center of the tape in the corner).
- Cut two pieces of string, approximately 3 feet in length and make handles on the bag.
- Cut another piece of string approximately 5 feet in length and use it for a piece to grab onto, by tying it to the loops in the middle.
- Decoration time! Make it yours, with colour and streamers attached to the end.
- Hold onto the string and run, the kite will fill up with air and rise up to the sky behind you!
Homemade Face Paint
- Who doesn’t love a painted face????
- Materials – a small bowl for each colour, Corn starch (1 teaspoon per bowl), 1/2 teaspoon face cream (cold cream recipes work best) per bowl, 1/2 teaspoon water, Food Dye for each bowl, small paintbrush, cup for rinsing brush
- Stir together corn starch and cold cream until well blended, add water and stir.
- Food dye is to be added one drop at a time, until it is the perfect colour!
- Paint faces with your paintbrush!
- Soap and water easily takes it off.
- Store paint in baby food jars (or another small container)!!!
Melty Crayon Wax Art
- Need a Guardian to help with this one!
- Materials – Ironing board or heat-resistant surface, Paper, Wax Paper, Crayons, Grater, tea towel Iron
- Put several layers of paper on your heat-resistance surface.
- Put a piece of wax paper, wax side up, on the paper.
- Grate crayons (if they are little, grab some crayon pieces and do it for them) and then sprinkle the pieces over the wax paper.
- Put a second sheet of wax paper (wax side down), on top of the crayon design. Cover with a tea towel.
- Have an adult guardian iron the design until the crayons are melted.
- Put to the side to dry.
- Take of the wax paper and enjoy your abstract art!
- Materials – rocks, glue, paint/paintbrush, cool add-on materials like play dough, pieces of fabric, sequins/glitter, string, etc.
- Collect some rocks that you see cool objects to be made in. Like a person, animal, spaceship, etc.
- Glue rocks together, paint them and add materials to make them unique!!