The best sports for kids are fun to learn and play, teach about teamwork and responsibility and help keep kids in shape. In no particular order, these are the most requested kid programming sports.
- Ball Hockey – Try it with rollerblades!
- Flag Football – Non-physical version of football, perfect for lil’ NFL/CFL fans!
- Beach Volleyball – Beginner volleyball skills (passing, serving attacking and serving), using a volleyball or a beach ball.
- Frisbee Golf – learning the skill of throwing a Frisbee and introduces kids to the principles of golf as well.
- Tennis – forehand, backhand, serve, volley? Kids love playing tennis!
- Swimming – A survival life skill, something that young kids can build on and work through levels, going into competitive swimming if they choose.
- Basketball – ‘21’, Bump, Horse, 1-on-1, 2-on-2, 3-on-3, etc.
- Baseball – Kids as young as 3 can learn how to play T-ball, then there is softball and then hardball (baseball).
- Soccer – It is an easy sport to begin learning skills and playing games. It is the fastest-growing sport in North America.
- Biking – Road, Trails, etc. In addition to being lots of fun and a great adventure, bike riding is also an excellent type of cardiovascular exercise.
*Other sports that were almost in our list: Archery, Rollerblading, Running, Diving, Horseback Riding, Gymnastics and Golf.